Saturday, January 30, 2016

Dentist Visits

 The kids love going to the dentist! We love getting to see Lori. Everyone had good reports and no one needed any additional work done this time. Mercy had her teeth cleaned for the first time. I did a bit of coaching in the days/weeks ahead of time, and she also got to sit and watch some of her siblings do it. Also, she can hardly resist getting a turn to play on the Kindle, so I used that as a bribe.

A few days after going to the dentist I caught her sitting quietly reading this book to herself. As soon as she knew I was taking pictures of her, she began telling me all about going to the dentist. Most of it I had no idea what she was saying, but she babbled on and on about opening her mouth and counting teeth. It was adorable!

This past week Micah had his wisdom teeth removed. I was glad I could be there with him. When he first woke up from anesthesia he was pretty loud and talkative. He kept his eyes closed and told me he was going to "fast" from seeing. Haha. He was in pain for a couple days. Today he still has some bruising and swelling, but things look pretty good inside his mouth and it sounds like he is eating normally. Exciting times!


No comments:

Post a Comment