Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Genna Update




Genna saw the doctor last week for her 1-year-old checkup. She weighed 22 lbs 6 oz, and was 29.5" long. She is walking everywhere now, and is sporting a few new bruises from bumps and falls. Ouch! She had a couple bad nights recently--one morning she was "up for the day" at 4:30 am and didn't fall back asleep until it was time for me to get up. The next night she was up in the middle of the night for a couple hours. ::yawn:: She hasn't had anymore trouble since then, so I guess I'll never know what that was about. She still wakes up to eat at night, but I hardly notice. Ha!



At her appointment, I pointed out that she is covered with eczema. It started with a small round patch on her butt cheek in November. Now it is head-to-toe. I felt like I was barely keeping it under control with a regimen of hydrocortisone, aquaphor, and no-soap baths. The doctor gave us a stronger steroid. The first week so far went awesome--her skin has almost completely cleared up and is back to being baby-soft. I couldn't believe it as I rubbed her down. She's not scaly anymore. :) She's also not scratching all night long. Now we will go into maintenance mode. I have another cream to use in between flare-ups, along with continuing to use good moisturizers and minimal soap.


She is loving to walk around and get into everything the big kids are doing. She babbles and copies us as much as possible. She is learning so quickly. She is loving to eat, and usually refuses to eat anything that is spoon-fed to her. She wants to do it all herself! We are still waiting on more teeth to appear. She is nursing still. She loves to drink water from a cup, but doesn't want anything to do with regular milk. I have tried mixing chocolate syrup in it, but she still refuses it. ::sigh:: Why push it? I'm planning on being gone overnight soon, so I am hoping that she will take to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment