Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Winnipeg

In the weeks before our trip to Canada, Mercy would ask us many times a day, "When are we going to Canada?" When we finally got to Canada, she was in such a habit of saying it that she still occasionally asked. We just laughed and laughed. Eventually we pointed out the Canadian flag, and I think that was what helped her make the connection that we were in Canada.

I didn't want to add to her confusion by telling her that the cabin we were staying in was actually Cam's parents' home and that Cam lived in a different house. But we did get to go to Winnipeg and visit Cam's place. When we walked in, he said, "Welcome to Cam-a-lot." Hehe.

We headed into Winnipeg after we were done visiting Lower Fort Garry. On our way, we stopped at a cute little restaurant and picnicked outside.




 Cam's mom must have known that geography is my weak area...lol...it was fun looking at Manitoba though, where we were, where we had been, and where we were going!


 While we were eating, we noticed people setting up what looked like a birthday party a good distance away from us. As we were getting ready to leave, I noticed this guy jumping over and over again. I realized that it was a photo shoot, and I used my zoom lens to spy on them as they took their last shots. I bet the photographer got a really cool shot. I'd love to know the story. The girl's red hair and red shoes were so fun!


We headed into Winnipeg. We really didn't know much about it, but it is home to something like 700,000 people. I discovered that it is a historical city and it has beautiful buildings. One of the kids kept saying "Winnie Pig" and that was pretty cute.



 Cam took us to this huge park right in the middle of the city that was a blast for the kids. They had a lot of fun play areas as well as a splash pad to cool off (wow, the water was ICE cold).



 We didn't drive over to the French quarter of the city, but Cam pointed it out to me across the river.



 Cam's apartment was walking distance from the park, albeit a good several blocks. So some people went in the vans, while a few of us walked. I'm so glad I joined the walkers because I got a better glimpse of the beautiful city. I think it would be fun to go back, just Mitch and me, and stay with Cam in the city.

{Google Photo assistant automatically stylized this photo for me}








At Cam's apartment we swam in the pool, had some Kentucky Fried Chicken, then went back to the cabin at bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment