Tuesday, April 04, 2017

Eden has reached adulthood!

Somehow, unbelievably, Eden went from this:

to this:

And I just don't even know how that happened!

At 18 years old, Eden
~is taller than I am
~is 6-ish weeks away from graduating high school AND community college
~loves working at Chick-fil-A
~drives a red Sebring convertible (it's old, but it sure is sweet!)
~is planning a trip to Europe with Kathi (and though I haven't contacted them yet, we are certainly hoping she will get to visit Patrick's family too)
~is not sure what she will do after that, though she may pursue a career in some English/communications type field (writing, editing, journalism...). Getting her 4 year degree, either at a public university or a Bible college, is still being considered.

I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the thoughts that Eden is old enough and responsible enough to be a completely independent young woman. Over the past week and a half I have worked on putting together an album for Eden, trying to capture the essence of 18 years. It was challenging. I was overwhelmed with love and gratitude for all the years we have been given with her.

I'd love to share some of my favorite memories that I included in the album (I did the same for Micah when he turned 18, though I didn't blog about it apparently). As a side note, Micah was born in 97 and Eden in 99. I started using a digital camera more often than a film camera in 2004, and the difference is astounding. I'm so thankful for digital! It's really hard to find a negative, and then to find a photo place that can print from a negative. ;) I know from first-hand experience! Sorry these are all in mixed-up order.

{The beautiful dress she made herself.}

{Comforting Mercy not long after she was born}

{Buddies with Zeke}

{Valentine's date with me}

{Holding baby Jesus on Christmas morning}

{New bike!}

{Maybe one of the last times Dad did this to her?}

{Missing teeth}

{One of her favorite things to do--blessed by the generosity of a friend}

{Back when she actually liked to go out and play in the snow}

{Holding her baby SISTER Tirzah for the first time, and she promises that she will play barbies with Tirzah when she's older...ahem.}

{Best buddies with Malachi for a long time}

{Not afraid of snakes}
{Crazy hair!!!}
Please join me in praying for Eden's future--that God would lead her and guide her, and that she would faithfully follow his voice, growing in grace and holiness. When I pray for Eden, these are the verses that I pray for her:

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:
"I am the LORD your God,
who teaches you to profit
who leads you in the way you should go.
Isaiah 48:17


Make me to know your ways, O LORD;
teach me your paths.
Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.
Psalm 25:4-5  

No comments:

Post a Comment